When suffering from chronic pain, taking copious amounts of pain relief medication just to function normally can be counter-productive! While you may experience less pain, the side effects often make you feel drowsy and foggy, keeping you from engaging with your day-to-day duties at a high level. As an alternative, medical injections are highly effective for both relieving chronic pain and healing the damaged tissue. We are delighted to offer you medical injections for pain at Schrock Medical Center so you do not have to depend so much on pain relief medication!
Which injections are given for pain?
There are numerous medical injections for pain on the market these days, with some that focus primarily on pain relief, and others that seek to provide corrective or restorative measures to the cause of the pain. At Schrock Medical Clinic, we pride ourselves on using only the most effective and safe medical injections to help relieve your pain and heal the damaged cells, tissues, or organs. The specific injections that we use at Schrock Medical Clinic include the following:
- Hyaluronic Acid injections: Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar molecule derived primarily from fluid in the eyes and joints. These injections help provide a cushion between joints and lubricant for easier and less painful movement within your joints.
- Prolotherapy injections: Also known as proliferation therapy, prolotherapy involves injecting natural irritants into an injured joint to stimulate a powerful healing response. This healing response helps heal and strengthen damaged tissues to stabilize the joint and alleviate the pain.
- Sarapin injections: Sarapin is a natural anti-inflammatory derived from what is commonly referred to as a Pitcher Plant. Specifically, it comes in a powdered form of the Sarracenia purpurea plant. Sarapin injections target specific sensory nerves to reduce neuropathic and nociceptive pain. These injections have zero to no side effects and do not cause any tissue destruction or systemic reactions.
- Trigger Point injections: Using a local anesthetic, saline, or a mixture, trigger point injections target areas where knots have developed in your muscle tissue. These injections break up the tissue and relieve pressure on the muscles and nervous system to help them function properly and relieve pain.
What conditions can injections treat?
Medical injections have proven to effectively and safely treat numerous conditions and injuries! The specific conditions and injuries that medical injections effectively treat vary according to the type of injection used. The injections that we use at Schrock
Medical Clinic have demonstrated remarkable effectiveness on the following conditions and injuries:
- Back pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Degenerative disc disease
- Intractable pain
- Joint pain
- Knee pain
- Muscle pain
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Orthopedic pain
- Post-operative pain
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
- Tension headaches
How long do the injections last?
The length of time any injection will last vary on a case-by-case basis. The type of injection, the particular condition, and the condition’s severity will factor into the results’ longevity. For Hyaluronic acid injections, a single injection can provide relief for two to six months, while multiple injections can provide relief for up to three years. With prolotherapy, the first injection will provide relief for four to six weeks, but the treatment sessions and injections you have, the longer the treatment will last. As for sarapin injections, they should last between one and three months. Finally, trigger point injections last for about one month for pain relief, but they immediately resolve any trigger points.
If you are looking for a health clinic that offers medical injections for pain in Kearney, Nebraska, we welcome you to Schrock Medical Center! For an appointment, please call us at (308) 236-6499 or schedule one through our website. You can find Schrock Medical Center at 1616 W 39th St. Suite A, Kearney, NE.