The Insurance Specialist is responsible for assisting and maintaining an optimal and orderly cash flow by tracking, billing and collecting revenues owed to the company. This position will be working to have consistent and orderly stream of the clinic’s finances by working with preauthorization’s and insurance verifications requiring familiarity with medical and rehab coding/billing.
ABOUT SCHROCK MEDICAL CLINIC
Schrock Medical Clinic is a revolutionary clinic that, through bold innovations, exceeds all patient expectations. We have fused the world of chiropractic, medicine, and rehabilitation by looking at the body as a whole to positively impact the pain, bodies, and mindset of our patients so they can live truly healthy lives. Our mission is to impact patient’s lives by changing the face of medicine. Our core values are the backbone of our clinic and guide our hiring process: Inspiration, Discipline, Accountability, Alignment, Transparency, and Results. This is accomplished by a team that is exceptionally well-trained, passionate, and dedicated to helping others because their personal, professional, and financial goals align with the clinic’s vision of changing the face of medicine.
- Ensure timely entry and follow up of accurate patient data into computer system.
- Input insurance payments and handle all communication with insurance companies.
- Generate weekly/monthly reports.
- Work directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patient to get a claim processed and paid.
- Use coded data to produce and submit claims to insurance companies.
- Communicate claim disputes and patient medical referrals from the provider.
- Answer any and all patient billing questions.
- Adhere to laws and best practices in regard to dealing with patients and data.
- Conduct reimbursement inquires.
- Multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to quickly and effectively connect with patients and staff over the phone and in person.
- Self-starter who can work independently and as a team within existing processes or operate effectively with ambiguity.
- Ability to overcome objections with confidence.
- Coordinate and balance needs of the patient and the clinic.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Team orientation and strong collaborator.
- Present self in a professional and positive manner in attitude and appearance at all times.
- Ability to maximize and apply internal systems, processes, and platforms.
- Understand, align, and communicate our mission, vision, and values.
- Ability to define and take massive action to accomplish personal, professional and financial goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma required.
- Experience in a multi-physician practice preferred.
- 2 plus years of experience with insurance and patient billing preferred.
PAY RANGE – DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
- $17-23 / hr.
Apply via Indeed by clicking here.