Schrock Healthy Habits – Hydrate
Schrock Healthy Habits Hydrate
The second Schrock healthy habit we recommend is staying adequately hydrated. Improve your health and reduce inflammation by drinking water. If you’ve been experiencing achy joints, dry skin, or constipation you may be dehydrated. Did you know the human body is made up of about 70% water. When we are dehydrated basic functions within the body stop working properly. Even when you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated. That’s why it’s important to establish a hydration routine. Schrock healthy habits hydrate recommends plain water, but you can also try herbal teas, flavors drops like stevia, and sparkling water.
How much to drink.
Aim to drink half your body weight in ounces each day. Start by spreading it out, maybe every hour on the hour you drink 4 ounces. Even start by drinking a few glasses upon waking to ignite the body and get movement flowing. Try to avoid counting caffeinated drinks toward your H2O goal as caffeine is a stimulant that can dehydrate the body. We want our internal system fully lubricated, our joints, our organs, our cells all need to come alive with water.
Why stay hydrated:
- Reduces inflammation in the body
- lubricates the body – joints
- Aides in digestion
- Brings oxygen to the body
- It boosts skin and provides a glow
- Provides a cushion to internal organs
- It regulates body temperature
- Flushes body waste
- Maintains blood pressure
- Helps us breath properly
- It makes minerals and nutrients accessible
- Prevents kidney damage
- Boosts performance during exercise
- Weight loss
- Reduces the chance of a hangover
You can work to optimize your hydration routine by working with one of Schrock Medical Clinics providers. They can customize a treatment plan that contains reachable goals related to drinking more H2O.
Use these tips to help improve your sleep:
- Aim for half your body weight in ounces every day (Ex. 150lb person needs approx. 75 oz of H2O).
- Set out a glass or two the night before as a reminder to drink 16 ounces upon waking.
- Buy a stainless steel water bottle and take it with you everywhere!
- Struggle w/ the taste of H2O, try adding a tea bag (my fav. is blueberry green tea) or a few squeezes of fresh lemon.
- Read more about staying hydrated: Hydrate your way to health…