Hormone Therapy at Schrock Medical Clinic in both Kearney and Lincoln, NE is DIFFERENT than other clinics in the area. Learn how we provide care during and after the treatment plan is completed.
Is Hormone Therapy Safe?
What do I need to know about HRT or BHRT?
At Schrock Medical in Kearney NE and Lincoln NE we offer hormone replacement therapy for men and women.
For men we offer:
For women we offer:
- Bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) that include: Progesterone and Estrogen
As a part of our functional medical offerings we give you the patient the opportunity to learn how and why your hormones are changing and causing the symptoms you are experiencing. We perform full evaluations, exams, lab work, complete medical history and thorough review of your symptoms. Along with that we closely monitor your progress to ensure you are receiving the proper dosage. We offer the Hormone Replacement Therapy options along with our other services all under one roof at Schrock Medical Clinic; located in both Kearney and Lincoln NE.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) involves the use of hormones that are structurally identical to the hormones naturally produced by the body. BHRT is often marketed as a more “natural” alternative to traditional hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which uses synthetic hormones.
Here are some considerations regarding the safety of BHRT:
- Individualized Approach: BHRT is often promoted for its individualized approach. Healthcare providers who specialize in BHRT typically tailor treatment plans based on a patient’s specific hormone levels, symptoms, and overall health.
- Natural Source: BHRT hormones are derived from plant sources, such as soy or yams. Advocates argue that because these hormones are identical to those produced by the body, they may be better tolerated with fewer side effects.
- Limited Standardization: Unlike traditional HRT, which is subject to regulatory approval and standardization, BHRT formulations may vary in terms of purity, dosage, and preparation. This lack of standardization can pose challenges in ensuring consistent and reliable hormone levels.
- Scientific Evidence of BHRT. Evidence supporting the safety and efficacy of BHRT is somewhat limited compared to conventional HRT. Some studies suggest potential benefits. More research is needed to establish the long-term safety and effectiveness of BHRT.
- Potential Risks: BHRT is not without potential risks. The risks may include hormonal imbalances, side effects, and the potential for adverse reactions. The use of hormones should be carefully monitored.
- Regulatory Status of BHRT. BHRT is often compounded by compounding pharmacies rather than being mass-produced by pharmaceutical companies. Compounded medications are not as rigorously regulated as commercially available pharmaceuticals.
It’s essential for individuals considering BHRT to work closely with a qualified healthcare provider who can conduct a thorough evaluation, including hormone level testing, and monitor the individual’s response to treatment. Regular follow-up appointments are crucial to adjust hormone levels as needed and address any potential side effects.
As with any medical intervention, the decision to use BHRT should be based on an informed discussion between the patient and their healthcare provider, taking into account the individual’s health history, risk factors, and treatment goals. If you are considering BHRT, it’s important to consult with a knowledgeable healthcare professional who can provide personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances.
Schedule your appointment today or attend one of our free educational seminars, at Schrock Medical Clinic; located in both Kearney and Lincoln NE. Contact us today to schedule an appointment by calling us at 308-236-6499, or by clicking here.