Schrock Medical, Healthy Habits – Nutrition
Schrock Medical Clinics Healthy Habits include nutrition.
Are you confused when it comes to eating healthy? It’s easy to see all the different diets/fads and wonder which is best for you, often leading to utter confusion. No wonder there’s an obesity epidemic and the diet industry just keeps getting richer! At Schrock Medical, we understand your confusion and we want to make the process simple and easy to follow. We offer basic tips and tricks to help you bring awareness to your nutrition habits and then offer small, attainable goals to help you improve upon this healthy habit.
When it comes to nutrition it’s best to just keep it simple! Start with the basics, things you can control and instead of removing so many variables just focus on small positive habits. In no time the bad habits will weed themselves out due to your new healthy nutritional habits.
You can work to optimize your nutritional habits by working with one of Schrock Medical Clinics providers. They can help you set achievable goals.
Mindful of what goes into your mouth in terms of nutrition.
Use these tips to increase awareness:
- Increase intake of protein (the building block of our cells and muscles), protein is very thermogenic and helps us feel full. Start with 1 gram per lb of body weight. Split this number up between meals and snacks per day. Consider supplementing with a Whey or Vegan Protein Powder.
- Aim to eat 3 servings of green veggies per day and 1-2 small servings of berries.
- Switch from unhealthy vegetable oils to healthy fats like grass-fed butter, coconut oil, or EVOO.
- Eat 1-2 servings of wild caught fish like salmon every week.
- Use an app. like MyFitnessPal to track your intake everyday. Or a notepad and pencil work great too!
- Consider supplementing with a Multivitamin that contains all essential nutrients and added Omega 3 oils for heart / joint health.